Disclosure: I received a goodie bag from Target and a copy of The Longest Ride to help me create this post for you.
Let’s face it: it’s not always easy to schedule a date night with your honey. It’s hard to get out of the house with work, kids, and life, but a date night in can be just as romantic as a posh night on the town. You can even get creative with a theme to make the evening especially memorable.
In honor of Nicholas Sparks’ THE LONGEST RIDE, which has a cowboy theme, I came up with a fun popcorn recipe created with some special ingredients sent to me by Target and Fox Home Entertainment Insiders.
Cowboy BBQ cheddar popcorn recipe
This recipe was inspired by the Cowboy Popcorn recipe at the Cook’n Recipe app.
- For this recipe, we are using:
- 2.5 quarts of Orville Redenbacher’s movie popcorn
- ½ cup Kernel Season’s Movie Theater Butter
- 2 tablespoons Kernel Season’s White Cheddar Seasoning
- 1 to 1.5 tablespoons your powdered BBQ flavoring (I HIGHLY recommend Pendery’s Dad’s Oven Smoked BBQ, but you can use your favorite)
- Place popped popcorn on large baking pan (not greased). Mix the movie theater butter, the white cheddar seasoning and BBQ powder together and pour over the popcorn. (Tip: I found it easier pour it over the popcorn in the pan, then return the popcorn to the bowl to toss it so that the butter mixture was evenly coated and placed it back in the pan.) Bake without covering pan.
- I baked the popcorn at 350 degrees for only 5 minutes in the oven. It had a great flavor!
All of the date night goodies we received can be found at Target here. Check out the awesome Cartwheel app for savings on these items and more for your next date night in!
Check out these other awesome date night recipes inspired by THE LONGEST RIDE!