Disclosure: This princess up do tutorial is a compensated campaign in collaboration with JOHNSON’S® NO MORE TANGLES® and Latina Bloggers Connect.
It’s hard to believe that the holidays are already here again! For me and my daughter, one of the funnest things to do is plan what we are going to wear to fun family get-togethers. But it’s not just about the outfit: no ensemble is complete without the perfect hairdo!
I want a style for my daughter that’s not only beautiful but comfortable. This year my daughter has several performances coming up: a holiday ballet recital and a Christmas pageant performance with her school. We’re looking for a hairdo that will hold its shape, that can be created without much fuss, but that also makes a statement.
Princess twist up do
We discovered this princess up do hairstyle for the holidays that is absolutely adorable with festive red bows. It’s a hairstyle created by the lovely folks at JOHNSON’S® NO MORE TANGLES®, and we knew when we saw it that we had to try it out for ourselves.
● Part her hair from ear to ear to create a top ponytail and bottom ponytail. Secure with a hair tie.
● Take the top ponytail and wrap it on the left side of the bottom ponytail, then bring it up underneath the bottom ponytail
● Bring the ends of the ponytail up, and over the rubber band of the top ponytail. Secure it with a bobby pin on the right.
● Take the ends of the top ponytail and bring them back up and towards the front of the head. Form a hook like shape with
● Take the bottom ponytail and make a rope/twist braid. Secure the end with a rubber band.
● Wrap the twist braid around like you’re going to make a bun.
● Take the ends and tuck it under the straight part of the top ponytail and pull it out the other side.
● Curl the straight ends of your twist with your fingers.
This style is perfect not only to wear onstage, but to the holiday performances of the Nutcracker ballet we plan to attend, and of course to our holiday gatherings! With special times with family and friends coming up, I want my daughter to look and feel her best. That means that her hair is in a tangle-free style that she loves.
Holiday hairstyles for girls with JOHNSON’S® NO MORE TANGLES®
To get there, we rely on the Johnson’s No More Tangles 3-part children’s hairstyling system:
· Cleanse and soften with a 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
· Nourish and smooth hair with the Leave-in Conditioner
· Comb or brush to release tangles and style hair with the Detangling Spray
For more adorable holiday hairstyles check out the JOHNSON’S® Baby YouTube page.
Join the dialogue on social media with the hashtag #NOMORETANGLES!