Disclosure: This is a sponsored post to help you create the perfect date night in is brought to you by The Best of Me and Fox Entertainment Insiders. #BestOfValentine
It’s not always easy to schedule a date night. Between busy schedules and the kiddos running around, it’s normal to forget to do it. But it’s remarkable just how easy it can be to create a simple date night in. If you are spontaneous, creative, and in the mood for romance, even a quiet evening at home can become a special date night.
Here are a few ideas for your next date night in:
1. After a long day at work, it can be hard to cook. Why not order pizza and open a bottle of wine? (Yes, you can even use paper plates!) Light a candle, and you have an instant romantic meal for two!
2. Have a picnic in the back yard with an outdoor screening under the stars. Hang up a sheet on the back fence and use a video projector to watch a movie. Spread out a blanket, and bring out a picnic basket stuffed with wine, grapes, cheese and other gourmet goodies.
3. Have an old-fashioned game night. You can break out some of the classic board games like Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit. Or if you are feeling competitive, have a video game tournament.
4. Create themed popcorn containers for your date night with sweet messages on them. Then cozy up and watch a romantic flick.
5. Plan a night of reminiscing. Watch your home movies from your romantic times together, set up a slide show of favorite photos on your computer and connect it to your TV, or flip through scrap books with pictures of your kids or from your childhood.
6. Create a bucket list together: come up with a list of everything you’d like to do during your lives together.
7. Have a night of art: buy some blank canvases, brushes, and paints at a craft or art supply store. Paint each other’s portraits, set up a still life, or just let your imagination flow. Wine can add a lot to this activity.
8. Make a movie: write a short 1-2 page script, and film a funny short starring the two of you. Feel free to get the kids and pets involved in this one.
9. Pamper each other at home with homemade spa treatments.
10. Decorate the bedroom with rose petals, indoor lights and candles. Go to bed early.
Here are more great date night ideas!
Thanks for linking my date night ideas! 🙂 Hope they are helpful for someone!
Lauren Ivy Chiong says
My pleasure, Krystal! It’s a really great post 🙂 I encourage couples to check it out!